Posts

Showing posts from March, 2017

Home owners snap up €8m in restoration funds

A home restoration grant was closed today following overwhelming uptake from the public, Planning Parliamentary Secretary Deborah Schembri said today.

Addressing a press conference, Dr Schembri told reporters that the Irrestawra Darek scheme, launched back in January, had been met with more than 800 requests from home owners.
She said the entire €8 million allotted for the project had already been absorbed and the last few applications were being processed.
Although applications had come from all over the island, the highest concentration were for Grade 1 or 2 scheduled properties in Sliema. Żebbuġ and Valletta had also generated a lot of interest, she said.....

Read the full article on Times of Malta online edition March 27, 2017, here.